I am a big fan of eBooks. I have many eBooks in formats other than .epub so I wanted to convert them into the proper eBook format – ePub. How difficult can it be? It turns out that its easy to make your own eBooks as long as you know the basic rules and tools.
Tools to use:
- iBooks (or any equivalent eBook reader)
- Pages (Apple’s equivalent to Word)
- iBooks Author
- TextWrangler (or notepad equivalent) – optional
Notes on the tools:
- iBooks is an eBook reader. It’s not a perfect software but it enables me to read everywhere and from any of my iOS devices. The main feature that I enjoy the most is that I can read a book on one device and continue reading on another device in anther room, at exactly the page I was on last.
- TextWrangler to me is equivalent to Notepad++, a text tool that recognise a lot of syntax from programming languages. I even use it to write instead of Word.